More Spice than Sugar.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy 1 month birthday Sophie


Sorry I havent kept you updated but well I've been a bit busy. When we went to her 1st check up following our departure from the hospital she had lost down to 6lbs. Which was fine. By her one week check up she was back up to her birth weight of 6 lbs 7 oz. That is exactly what they wanted for one week. Today we went to her 1 month check up and she weighed in at 9 lbs. 6 ounces and was 22 inches long. She has gained 3 lbs and 3 inches in a month. Perfect, right on track. She is doing so good. Her ped. thinks she has a bit of acid reflux but thinks it can be managed with a few things like just setting her up to feed her and laying her on an incline after she eats and when she sleeps and giving her a tiny bit of rice cereal in her bottle. It will help to thicken the formula in her tummy and will help satisfy her better since she was getting insatiable with her food lately. I love a Dr with some common sense. Trey's ped. freaked me out and went crazy on me when I asked about rice cereal in the bottle and he was like 4 months old at that point. I took her to Wal-Mart today, as an after thought, to do a quick little photo shoot for her 1 month birthday. I dont have the pics yet but here are the copies.

No comments: