More Spice than Sugar.

Friday, August 26, 2011

The first day.

Trey has been to kindy a full week. He is doing fabulously. His teacher, Mrs. Brown, is made for him I think. He is doing really well and was perfect the first day. JD dropped him off and I was doing just fine tooling down the road with Sophie singing to the radio when JD called. I answered it and he couldn't talk to me. I asked if Trey was ok and when he said yes I told him to collect himself and call me back. In a few minutes he did and this was the first thing he told me. "You have to drop Sophie off at her first day, I cant do it." Deal. When we hung up I cried like a fool. I cried at the pride I had for my sweet son, whom I almost killed on numerous occasions between the ages of birth to 3, walking into kindergarten like an adult with no fear. I cried at the love I had for my husband having so much love for his son he couldn't hold back the tears. I cried for all the times I have been upset with Trey and forgot that time flies too fast. I cried for day when he will leave me and go off into the world as a man for real. I cried for the adult things he will encounter all too soon and prayed that I have taught him when he needs to know and given him the tools, emotional, mental and spiritual that he will need to combat those evils. I laughed too. I laughed at the thought of what I will do when he gets married if I am acting like that now just wait. I laughed at the times we will have and the thought of Trey and Sophie in high school. I laughed at the love I have for my family and I thanked God for them and for the chance he gave me when Trey was 6 months old to stay here on earth and be here for this day. I sucked it up a little and took Sophie into daycare. She cried when I dropped her off. The first time she has ever cried when I dropped her off and it had to be this morning. They took her from me kicking and screaming and I left also kicking and screaming. I was sobbing. The fabulous women understood and I got a great hug from 2 of the women that were Sophie's teacher in the baby room. They are great and they are mommies so they get it. Now to just get to work. It was then I remembered I HAD to redo my makeup. I touched up my makeup and was recovered pretty well when I walked into work and Mr. Adams the asst. principle said, "are you ok?" (guess I didn't do the best job on my makeup) He said later he knew immediatly he shouldn't have asked and knew what was up. I started again. Niiiiice. I did end up making it through. It helped that it was so busy being the first day there too. Everyone at work was very patient and nice to me and I appreciate that. Thursday was his first full day and the first day he came to me in the afternoon with Mrs. Denmark. I was nervous since he had only met her once and had never been dropped off at my school but of course he did perfect. Everyone wanted to talk to him. He was like a rock star. He should get used to it. I just took his hand and his book bag and lunch box and walked him into the office beaming with pride. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I am life that with him for some reason. Can't imagine why.

2 comments:

plastic card said...

so nice post.. thanks

Easy Cool said...

A Very Nice Photo And Blog.............