More Spice than Sugar.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

YW ALERT! Young Women UPDATE!!!






1st - This Wed. the 10th we will be making gingerbread houses. YAY! Hey anything that allows you to play with candy cant be bad. right? Next Wed the 17th we will be having a combined Christmas party at my house! Woot! We will have chilli, hot chocolate, brownies and golden bars (my fav - fight you for them), a hayride and we'll sing songs around the bonfire. Please bring friends but if you are bringing a friend let me know so I can plan for lots of extra girls (this goes for gingerbread houses and for the bonfire, dont want anyone going without chilli, hot chocolate or candy ya know.) Finally this one is a world wide update! Yes folks that right. Right here on this blog a world wide YW update (I know but it makes my blog sound important hehe) The YW program now has added another value! Thats right. We now have Virtue added to the values. YAY! The color is gold. It gives me goosebumps. More than ever we need virtue instilled in our youth now.
We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places" (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live the Young Women values, which are
Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity and Virtue.
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values, we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.



Isn't it wonderful to know that the church is a church that receives revelation about the present as we live in such timultious times? What a comfort to know that the General leaders pray for you often and are thinking of the ways we can better prepare you for life in this uncertain world. You all know we love you more than words can describe. If I can do one thing in my life that will help make your path easier (cause it aint easy) I will have succeeded as a human, mother, woman and member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love the YW program and what it represents and what it encourages you to be, do, learn and become. You all hold such promise that it takes my breath away to even think about it. The things you will endure, see,do and bring to pass in your lives is amazing. I love you all. I know that Sis Tonya loves you and I know that Sis Thomas and Sis Letha love you and are learning to love you more as they get to know you. I promise you that if you live the (now) 8 values in the motto and apply it to your life it will build your testimony, build you, build your strength, build your knowledge and grow you closer to your Heavenly Father and will allow you true eternal happiness. This is my testimony to you. If you ever need me to talk to, cry to, laugh with or just set on the phone with you, call me. You have my numbers, if not get them Wed. Love you all. (They would throw another wrench in the Motto just as I was getting used the whole, "strengthen home and family", part ugh. They are keeping me on my toes! lol) See you guys Wed! So I know who saw this post your favorite candy in the comments of this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(:

love you.
--shelby