More Spice than Sugar.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Let the Year of Giving begin!

Today was teachers workday for me but JD had the day off so he got to keep Soph and Trey all day. He had a good day. He took them to the park and Wal-Mart and Burger King ( they even brought me burger king for lunch) then back home so Soph could take a nap and JD and Trey could watch the Gators win the Gator bowl. When I got home I made white bean chicken chilli for supper (perfect night for it. It is cold and getting colder! high of 45 tomorrow!) Tonight was family home evening (which I am going to try to do better at this year). Our theme for tonight was Service. This year, as I said in a previous post, we are going to have a year of giving. Every month we will pick a new charity, learn about it, find out how we can help then help in some way. I looked at a (not very comprehensive) lost of organizations in the area and before we even told Trey about the list he said he wanted to help a group that is for animals. So we decided on the Humane Society. Tomorrow me and Trey will call them and tell them about our little project and tell them we would like to donate some dog food and ask what we can do to help. We are also going to ask if we can come by and talk to them and learn about what they do and learn about the animals. Trey is really excited. We talked about what charity is and why they might need help. He is pretty smart. He knew basically what a charity was he just wasn't sure we called it a charity. He also said, before we ever even talked about what the theme was going to be he said he wanted to make a card for someone who needed a card. Well I had just heard today that his teacher had hurt her foot really badly. So I suggested he make her a card. He loved that idea of course because he loves his teacher, Mrs. Brown. Our opening song tonight was "As a Child of God". That is the song for the month in primary. Since I am the music leader for primary I need to learn it as well as Trey so I decided to introduce it to him tonight. We played it a few times and I spoke the words for him. He likes it and I do too. I hope the primary kids like it. It is so much easier to teach a new song if they like it. After we practiced our new song and we picked our charity for the month and made a card for his teacher we had chocolate chip cookies for a treat. I declare it a Good night.Link




















































































































------------------------------------

7 comments:

kitty said...

WOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Suvs said...

For many Health Benefits, try the world's most potent Fresh Royal Jelly by Well Bee-ing UK. Visit www.wellbee-ing.com or www.royaljellyinhoney.co.uk.

Unknown said...

Do you like louis vuitton outlet.Buy cheap

ugg boots
. I

like http://www.louisvuittonwalletsshop.com/.

Bitumen Sprayers said...

Your way of explaining everything in this piece of writing is really fastidious, every one be able to easily be aware of it, Thanks a lot.

- Portable Concrete Batch Plant | Bitumen Sprayers | Bitumen Pressure Distributors

handicraft shopping online said...

I have read so many posts about the blogger lovers except this piece of writing is actually a pleasant paragraph, keep it up.

- crafts from india | crafts of india | handicrafts india

Partywear saree said...

Admiring the time and effort you put into your weblog and detailed information you provide! catering for events

Bridal saree said...

Thanks for sharing the great ideas.You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.